Date:      Sat, 6 Jun 1998 10:17:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        "John S. Dyson" <dyson@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "John S. Dyson" <toor@dyson.iquest.net>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New SMP perf/quality snapshot (Update)

John, one of the changes you asked kirk and I to implement was
the change do a simple tailq (stailq) to a doubly linked list.

Kirk asked the reason that you thought this was a speed improvement
but I think it was at a time that you were being pressured
elsewhere and couldn't answer.

If you could supply this answer then kirk might implememt the
change in his sources and we can keep in step again..

I notice that your patches include this change so I'm anxious
to get everything sync'd up again..

julian