Date:      Sat, 27 Jul 2002 09:26:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Andrea Monaldi <magic_mac_96@yahoo.com>
To:        David "Siebörger" <drs@rucus.ru.ac.za>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cannot initialize disklabel

David,

If I had this it should not work well under Linux and
W2K too, isn't it?

Anyway it's not this problem. It works bad ONLY in
FreeBSD.

BTW this HD was taken from an Apple G4 and has a
little Apple on the top of the drive. Does it mean it
has a different firmware? Why Linux and W2K works
perfectly with it? Does it make any sense if this
drive has been partitioned by OS X previously, doing
something strange, and preventing any usage with
another BSD OS?

Bye

Gino