Date:      Sun, 16 Sep 2012 08:35:23 +0300
From:      Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>
To:        Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com>
Cc:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fallout from the CVS discussion

--wv56KCa6/aA7yLgk

On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 04:37:49PM -0400, Eitan Adler wrote:

Removing the whole CVS discussion above, want to answer to seemingly
unrelated note in your email, which I see as continuing very disturbing
trend.

> However, -CURRENT is not meant to be a production system.

It is simply not true. CURRENT shall never be knowingly put into a state
where it cannot be used for the 'production-grade' use, whatever it
means. We do accept changes are so disruptive that some unknown fallout
is expected, since otherwise developers cannot make any significant
progress.

But introducing known breakage is simply not acceptable. Doing so shrinks
the already limited testing base we have for HEAD.

--wv56KCa6/aA7yLgk

--wv56KCa6/aA7yLgk--