Date:      Wed, 30 Aug 2006 21:24:19 +0100
From:      RW <list-freebsd-2004@morbius.sent.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mounting Linux Procfs at Boot

What's the canonical way of mounting the Linux procfs at boot-time?

I've seen several recommendations to add the following to fstab:

linproc    /compat/linux/proc      linprocfs     rw  0  0

But in a standard installation, this mount-point is really under /usr, which
isn't mounted until pass 2. If I change the pass number to 2, it fails with
an "unexpected inconsistencies" error. I presume this is because mount is
trying to fsck it, and failing to find fsck_linprocfs.