Date:      Wed, 7 Apr 1999 23:02:22 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Christoph Weber-Fahr <listmail@helena.callcenter.systemhaus.net>
To:        garyj@muc.de
Subject:   Re: vanishing isdnd - whats that ?

Hi,

> >> Should we allow for an "infinite" value, or is this just to prone of pilot
> >> errors?
> >
> >actually, this value in my config had precisely this purpose, is there
> >this way since 0.63, and although I don't find that anywhere in
> >the documentation I seem to remember having read somewhere (here ?),
> >that a 0 timeout meant no timeout.
> >
> >If that's not 'the way', what can I use to acchieve a completely
> >manually controlled link ? Would be a timeout of say, maxint, possible ?
> >(Hm... and how long is this actually ? :-)
> >

> this behavior is AFAIK new since 0.63. If you want to manually control your
> timeout then don't specify a rates value. See the isdnd man page, it's all
> explained there.

Hm... I have seen it (actually, it's in the isdnd.rc man page, but anyway,
I've read both.). There are the numerous ways explained
you can cause the connection dropped.

But I don't want it dropped at all - I only want it drop when I tell
it to be dropped (currently, by ifconfig interface down. The question
if that's a sufficient interface has been discussed here in the past.).

I didn't find that explained. Is it possible ?

Regards

Christoph Weber-Fahr