Date:      Tue, 16 Jul 2002 18:10:09 +0900
From:      Gavin <gauin_36@d3.dion.ne.jp>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   su to root

I've just installed FreeBSD 4.5, and using some of my linux knowledge, I've
tried to "su" to root from my user account, I've checked the online book and
I cant seem to find anything about su-ing... I'm also using "Unix hints and
HACKS" as my first reference book.. Page 92 (Security) says I should type the
complete path eg. /bin/su
		 /bin/su root

when I type $ /bin/su I get not found
	     $ /bin/su root  not found

at the moment I have to log out and re-log in as root to do anything.. this
cant be.. can someone help a newbie out with this problem??

Another question, what group do I need to be in to su to root (if I need to
be in a special group that is..)

Thanks for all the help in advance....GOD BLESS YOU ALL

Gavin

--
Gavin's English School
Fukushimaken, Fukushima City