Date:      Tue, 24 Apr 2001 15:37:24 -0400
From:      "A. Smith" <tonys@loa.com>
To:        "Mobile FreeBSD" <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   ep0 crawling

Hi all -

I have a 3com 10baseT pccard NIC that is having some speed issues. I'm
thinking it's hardware related, but i'm not convinced just yet, where it's a
brand new card. It is one of 2 cards in my IBM Thinkpad, which is set up as
a firewall/router for my DSL connection:
<dmesg clip>
pccard: card inserted, slot 0
pccard: card inserted, slot 1
ed0 at port 0x300-0x31f irq 3 slot 0 on pccard0
ed0: address 00:e0:98:7c:01:dd, type Linksys (16 bit)
ep0: <3Com Etherlink III 3C589> at port 0x240-0x24f irq 5 slot 1 on pccard1
ep0: Ethernet address 00:60:08:de:a7:5f

When the card is used as the internal interface, I get ungodly poor ping to
my internal machine, ranging from 2000-6000. I get around 20,000-30,000 when
using the card as the external interface. Pretty rough...kinda hard to
browse with a ping like that. I was hoping this might be something someone
has heard of before. It only affects the one card.