Date:      18 Sep 1997 23:41 EDT
From:      "Andrew Atrens" <atrens@nortel.ca>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        gram@cdsec.com, phk@critter.freebsd.dk, freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bug in malloc/free

Hi Folks,

By coincidence I *may* have seen a bug similar to Graham's last night...
I'm using 3.0 current ( circa. Aug 08 ).

I built `ddd-2.1.1.tar.gz', found in /pub/FreeBSD/distfiles which is a
largely C++ interface for gdb and others. Unfortunately, when I tried to
run it, it gobbled memory until it choked. I tried a second time, this
time killing it with CTRL-C and observed:

^Cddd in malloc(): warning: recursive call.
Virtual memory exceeded in `new'

After reading Graham's thread I relinked it against libgnumalloc, and low
and behold it works like a charm !

Does this point to an incompatibility problem between phkmalloc and g++
compiled code ?

Just a thought,

Andrew.