Date:      Thu, 5 Nov 1998 16:06:43 +0200
From:      Pradesh Chanderpaul <p.chanderpaul@olsy.co.za>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problem : Error Installing ports from MS-DOS partition

I'm obviously not seeing through a glaring point, but I'm
stumped at this point and need help.

My FreeBSD machine has no network collection so all my
installation work is being off space from my DOS partition
after downloading from another connected machine.

I am trying install the ports collection. So far I've downloaded
the ports.tgz file into C:\FreeBSD\ports. I've run the install.sh
script which built a directory tree in /usr/ports. The distfiles
directory is empty.

Running 'make install' an any port gives an error searching for
the xxx.tgz file.

Where can I get these archives from on the ftp sites?

Thanks in advance
Pradesh Chanderpaul

PS : Please CC me as I am not a list subscriber.