Date:      Mon, 11 Jul 2016 16:35:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Don Lewis <truckman@FreeBSD.org>
To:        fidaj@ukr.net
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What happens to the ports for platform i386

On 11 Jul, Ivan Klymenko wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> Dear maintainer and committers.
> Please check what you are doing before heading to the world.
> What happens to the i386 platform?
> If it is so difficult to keep it clean it all from the official site
> https://www.freebsd.org/platforms/
> i386 platform almost everywhere and is constantly broken.
> cross-platform build, including ports:
>
> devel/libffi
> http://pastebin.com/q2amknag
> security/libgcrypt
> http://pastebin.com/xJTDxRxu
> math/gmp
> http://pastebin.com/ibaXeFJp
> graphics/jpeg-turbo
> http://pastebin.com/cfpu3k4d
> graphics/svgalib
> http://pastebin.com/fXp6t9r2
> multimedia/xvid
> http://pastebin.com/J468Ts1Y
> audio/liba52
> http://pastebin.com/0GqyidMS
> audio/flac
> http://pastebin.com/dFLBUpEd
> archivers/unzip
> http://pastebin.com/rE3AHzPB
> devel/liboil
> http://pastebin.com/kdqypsxq
> multimedia/libfame
> http://pastebin.com/NSd7adYZ
> security/nss
> http://codepad.org/VjumGYA0
> graphics/libvisual04
> http://codepad.org/7VirQ15W
> databases/firebird25-client
> http://codepad.org/EVCYbBju
> math/lp_solve
> http://codepad.org/28YvZcz6
> audio/lame
> http://codepad.org/PjvxHTrY
> net-im/tox
> http://codepad.org/wwwRayBW
> archivers/p7zip
> http://codepad.org/ISKwqTTs
> security/clamav
> http://codepad.org/iNeSQLTS
> graphics/goom
> http://codepad.org/VIjhFxvO
> multimedia/cuse4bsd-kmod
> http://codepad.org/bSF0L0Xr
> devel/libunwind
> http://codepad.org/yt5hinbF
>
> And most importantly - as if no one notices or is indifferent to it,
> what is happening in FreeBSD.
>
> Install FreeBSD to their workplace and use it - what you are doing for
> yourself - or do not use and do not do anything for FreeBSD.
>
> Thank you for understanding.

I'm not seeing any problems here.  My laptop runs this:

%uname -mrs
FreeBSD 10.3-STABLE i386

I've got 765 packages installed, including some big things like the
GNOME and MATE desktops, some KDE apps, Firefox, Thunderbird,
LibreOffice, OpenOffice, etc.

hairball:~ 107%pkg info | wc -l
     765

I build my own packages (about 1500 ports) using poudriere running on an
amd64 machine running various flavors of head, including 11.0-CURRENT,
11.0-ALPHA*, and currently 12.0-CURRENT (it gets updated from source on
a fairly regular basis).  I rarely see failures on the i386 packages,
and when I do, the same port usually fails on amd64 as well.  On my last
package build run, I got zero build failures for FreeBSD 10 packages,
either amd64 or i386.  The only two build failures that I did observer
were when building packages for 12.0-CURRENT amd64.

Of the ports that you list above, I've got these installed on my laptop:

%pkg info | grep libffi
libffi-3.2.1                   Foreign Function Interface
%pkg info | grep libgcrypt
libgcrypt-1.7.1                General purpose crypto library based on code used in GnuPG
%pkg info | grep gmp
gmp-5.1.3_3                    Free library for arbitrary precision arithmetic
%pkg info | grep jpeg-turbo
jpeg-turbo-1.4.2               SIMD-accelerated JPEG codec which replaces libjpeg
%pkg info | grep svgalib
svgalib-1.4.3_7                Low level console graphics library
%pkg info | grep xvid
xvid-1.3.4,1                   Opensource MPEG-4 codec, based on OpenDivx
%pkg info | grep flac
flac-1.3.1_2                   Free lossless audio codec
%pkg info | grep unzip
unzip-6.0_7                    List, test, and extract compressed files from a ZIP archive
%pkg info | grep solve
lp_solve-5.5.2.0               Linear Programming Solver
%pkg info | grep lame
lame-3.99.5_3                  Fast MP3 encoder kit