Date:      Mon, 6 Mar 1995 08:35:38 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD-current users)
Subject:   Re: -nostdinc in Makefile.i386 breaks stand-alone compiles

As Bruce Evans wrote:

> >Bruce's change to have the kernel compiled with -nostdinc breaks
> >`stand-alone' kernel builds, i.e. i cannot do
> Lots of other things already require a fairly complete tree.  E.g.,
> src/sbin/fsck requires ../../sys/ufs/ffs.  I don't like this either.

Yes.  No.  Dunno.  I always thought it's a nice feature that at least
a kernel could be compiled ``out of place''.

Is the ``-nostdinc'' plain sanity only (to catch misbehaving modules
that don't have the `right' dot-dottation)?  So it would be safe to
remove it from the Makefile temporarily.

--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/