From:      Daniel Lang <dl@leo.org>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Cc:        hubs@freebsd.org, dgilbert@velocet.ca
Subject:   Re: cvsupd error?

Hi,

John Polstra wrote on Fri, May 04, 2001 at 12:44:58PM -0700:
[..]
> Nope, the bad file is on the server, not on your machine.  I can
> tell because it says "Server warning" at the beginning of the
> message.  Please inform the maintainer of your master site about
> this ASAP.
I guess thats me. This path in the warning message looked
too familiar :-/
I also found the DISCLAIMER,v in the corresponding
directory, deleted it, and started a manual update.

I wonder how I could get the bad file.
I update hourly from cvsup-master (with -s), but
daily without (doing a 'hard' update).

I had a disk-full problem, a couple of days ago, which
corrupted our OpenBSD repository, and 'sup' was unable
to repair it. Well, a full-scale reget solved the problem
but not on some clients, who already got broken files,
since cvsup only checked for timestamps.

... wait right now my cvsup reports this:

[..]
 Create src/lib/libc/rpc/DISCLAIMER,v
[..]

So I assume it in fact it must reside on cvsup-master.
Could anyone confirm this ?

Sorry for inconvieniences,
 Daniel
--
IRCnet: Mr-Spock   - signs of absurd developments in the net community:
#42:   - "Wurstbrot gehoert m.E. zum Fruehstuecks-botnet von Cartoon" -
*Daniel Lang * dl@leo.org * +49 89 289 25735 * http://www.leo.org/~dl/*