Date:      Fri, 24 May 1996 10:09:18 +1000
From:      Scott Donovan <sdd@ccd.tas.gov.au>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Missing Disk Space (df -k)

>10% was a good middle ground for a limit on degradation of hash
>efficiency.  8% makes people with *big* disks happy, of course,

 Hmm Depends on how you look at it.. I have lost 4 gbyte disk over the total
disk space. :-), and the system only writes to the disks once a day. I think
I am going to do a little fiddling with tunefs.. drop it down to 5% or
something... just to see what happens.

If I can get another 330 Mbytes back I will be happy.. At least until I can
get the funding to buy some more disk.