Date:      Sun, 25 Jun 1995 21:54:40 +0000 ()
From:      Jeff Haynes <jeff@tenforwd.wiz.com>
To:        nas@ncd.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   auvoxware server on FreeBSD

I am posting this to both the FreeBSD and NAS mailing lists...

I can't seem to get the nas server to run correctly on FreeBSD 2.0.5R.
The server starts ok, but when I run a client, the client times out
because it can't find the server.

Also, whenever I start the server, I get the following message on the console:

PCM device 1 not installed.

I think that I have the correct options in the kernel config file,
but I guess I could have something wrong. Please point out any errors.

Can someone please help me out.  I don't subscribe to the nas mailing list,
so could you please direct replies to me directly, or at least cc me
if the info is of general interest.

Here are the sound lines included in my kernel config file:
controller      snd0
device sb0     at isa? port 0x220 irq 7 conflicts drq 1 vector sbintr
device pas0     at isa? port 0x388 irq 12 drq 3 vector pasintr
device opl0     at isa? port 0x38a
device pca0     at isa? port IO_TIMER1 tty

I have a Pro Audio Basic sound card.

Thanks for any help!
--
Jeff Haynes