Date:      Tue, 10 Jul 2001 22:41:40 +0100
From:      John Murphy <jfm@blueyonder.co.uk>
To:        El Buracco <buracco@yahoo.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: You were very helpful! Thank you very much. (I mean it)

El Buracco <buracco@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On July 2nd I posted an email describing my problem
>with FreeBSD 4.3 installation. I gave it a subject "my
>ad0 disappeared during install" in hope it would
>provoke some people to read the message, which was
>about an obscure disk problem. This problem was known
>before, as searching the archive revealed, but I
>didn't find a solution nonetheless. The unusual -
>AFAIK - part is that I kept on getting "device
>dissapeared" error, after which I had to power off the
>computer, because after just pushing the RESET button
>bios did not detect any of the devices on primary IDE
>controller. No one bothered to answer. If I deserve
>it, flame me. Otherwise come up with something. See
>freebsd-questions, July 2, El Buracco, my ad0
>disappeared during install.

I detect a little irony in your subject line :)

I don't think I've seen anyone flamed on this list, which is refreshing.

Your problem does seem to be obscure, which means that no one can help
you much.  I did a quick search at MARC for "dissapeared" in FreeBSD
questions, and this seems to be the only relevant answer:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=3Dfreebsd-questions&m=3D96576103029194&w=3D=
2

So perhaps it's a problem with your Fujitsu Picobird 13 MPD-3064-AT, 6181

(Searching on "disappeared" got a few more hits)

HTH
John.