Date:      Tue, 22 Sep 1998 10:52:58 -0700
From:      Parag Patel <parag@cgt.com>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CAM and Adaptec 7880 on motherboard problem

Replying to my own message after seeing a similar patch for a Sony CD-ROM drive, I added a similar quirk for my Sony CD-R drive.

Appended is the patch for /sys/cam/cam_xpt.c.  With this patch, the inital probing of SCSI disks works just fine with no errors or timeouts, and it probes the SCSI devices relatively quickly (no 5-7 minute wait like before).

I hope this is the right fix.  I don't know how may other Sony CD-R drives are affected by this problem, so the string match could be more or less specific.  My drive is a CDU926S and there really are three spaces between "CD-R" and "CDU".

Whoever owns the code, please feel free to commit this or something similar.  Thanks!

	-- Parag

RCS file: /src/freebsd/src/sys/cam/cam_xpt.c,v
retrieving revision 1.10
diff -c -r1.10 cam_xpt.c
*** cam_xpt.c	1998/09/22 04:53:23	1.10
--- cam_xpt.c	1998/09/22 17:39:06
***************
*** 300,305 ****
--- 300,313 ----
  		CAM_QUIRK_NOLUNS, /*mintags*/0, /*maxtags*/0
  	},
  	{
+ 		/* This drive doesn't like multiple LUN probing */
+ 		{
+ 			T_WORM, SIP_MEDIA_REMOVABLE, "SONY",
+ 			"CD-R   CDU9*", "*"
+ 		},
+ 		CAM_QUIRK_NOLUNS, /*mintags*/0, /*maxtags*/0
+ 	},
+ 	{
  		/* Default tagged queuing parameters for all devices */
  		{
  		  T_ANY, SIP_MEDIA_REMOVABLE|SIP_MEDIA_FIXED,