Date:      Fri, 01 Oct 1999 15:39:33 -0700
From:      "Jason Nordwick" <nordwick@scam.xcf.berkeley.edu>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   machine freeze at boot

In the last month something has changed that now causes my machine to
lock up just before PCI bus detection (I don't know if it happens in
the PCI detection or in the driver before that).  It appears that it
happens early enough that the kernel debugger isn't ready, yet, as the
magic C-A-Esc doesn't drop me into kdb.  I don't have my motherboard
specifications handy, but does anybody know of why this might be occuring.

thanks
-jason