Date:      Mon, 3 Mar 1997 01:28:54 -0600
From:      john@dexter.starfire.mn.org (John Lind)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Anyone have luck with Apache 1.2b7 with FreeBSD 2.1.6/2.1.7?

I am running a FreeBSD 2.1.6 on a number of systems that I applied
patches for the security holes.  When I compile apache 1.2b7 for it,
I get this tremendously strange behavior where it says
httpd: cannot determine the IP address of the specified ServerName (workbench2.skypoint.net).
when it runs.

I tried this with an "out-of-the-box" config and and compile, and adapting
the FreeBSD-current port, with the same results.

When I cut down the code to just the tiny fragment around the gethostbyname,
the call works (of course).

Help?

		 John Lind, Starfire Consulting Services
E-mail: john@starfire.MN.ORG	    USnail: PO Box 17247, Mpls MN  55417