Date:      Thu, 18 Sep 2003 23:44:42 +0200
From:      Clement Laforet <sheepkiller@cultdeadsheep.org>
To:        Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD-qa@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Mail selection options in sysinstall(8).

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 15:29:42 -0400
Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org> wrote:

Hi Tom !

> This is just a quick note that the MTA installation options in
> sysinstall(8) has changed.  Users now have the option of choosing
> between Sendmail, Postfix, and Exim.
>
> Due to legal issues, qmail was not added to the selection.  Sorry.

Do you think it could be a good idea to add "simple" SMTP systems like
ssmtp or any local delivery /usr/sbin/sendmail clone ? Most of system
act as standalone machine or satellite one (i.e. machine uses a smtp
server on the LAN), and using a full features MTA is, for me, a little
bit useless.

regards,
clem