Date:      Mon, 19 Jan 1998 17:08:19 +0200 (EET)
From:      Calin Andrian <calin@ibd.dbio.ro>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   APC Back UPS monitor

Hi !

I searched all over the place for a monitoring package for APC backups and
did not find any. Finally I wrote a small driver and a monitoring daemon,
with good results.

I didn't use the sio driver because it seems (maybe I'm wrong) that once
you successfully open the tty port, both DTR and RTS go high, causing the
(dumb) backups to immediately shut down.

My package monitors the line-fail status and shuts down the system and the
UPS if the line is out for more than you-name-it seconds.

How could I make it public ?
(I mean if anybody is interested)

Calin