Date:      Wed, 17 Dec 2003 08:04:58 -0800 (PST)
From:      samy lancher <washville2003@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Increase space for /var/db/

Hello,
I have a 4.5 FreeBSD server with mysql database. only 250MB was allocated to /var/db. Our database is increasing so fast that now i need to expand the memory for /var/db. I guess one way to do  is to install a new hard drive and then mount it to /var/db. But i would like to know if there is any other way to solve that problem. Is making a soft link a good idea. i have 70GB in /usr/ so i would like to map /var/db/ to some location in /usr/. Please let me know if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks in advance,
Naveen.