Date:      Thu, 4 Sep 2008 14:37:27 +0100
From:      RW <fbsd06@mlists.homeunix.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: KDE4 and plasma icons

On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 21:12:38 -0400
Eduardo Cerejo <ejcerejo@optonline.net> wrote:

> Just installed kde4 on FBSD 7-stable and I start it I get the plasma
> with some icons like the trash icon but all of them are a simple file
> icon with a question mark on them.  I try to change them and tells me
> that I don't have enough permissions to do it but I own every kde
> directory in my home directory though.  Has anyone experienced this
> thing?

The icons are from KDE3, but are not understood by KDE4. I don't know
why it says you don't have enough permissions, but it's probably just
the tip of the iceberg, for example I tried to save a file as
Desktop/foo.avi, and it ended-up as something like Desktop_foo.avi. In
a few hours I had so many such problem that I decided to go back to
KDE3 - I don't think it's ready for real-world use.