Date:      Thu, 8 Jul 1999 08:56:44 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Terje Elde <delta@xti.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Twisted files

Hi all

I was doing a make installworld, and for some strange reason I got a
device not configured on a .h file, so I checked it out:

br-xr-xr-x  1 1635021678  1663921260  uappnd,sappnd,arch  41, 0x2420005 3
Apr 27 2024 /usr/include/isofs/cd9660/iso.h

I tried to rm it, thought it would fix everything and I could be on my way
again, but no, I got a kernel panic (at least I think it was, I lost all
connectivity to the box). A while later I got back in, with 3 mins uptime,
and the file was gone.

It's a really sad thing as it's my first FreeBSD crash, so I'd sure like
to know what might have happend.

Oh, and the file had a few more flags. schg I think, which I removed
because I got a perm denied. it was not until after I'd removed all the
flags and stuff I could rm the file, and it all crashed.

Friendly greetings,
Terje Elde

 "One world, one web, one program" - Microsoft Promo ad.