Date:      Sun, 01 Nov 1998 23:17:49 +0000
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        "Alex Davidson" <alexd@idcomm.com>
Cc:        "Brian Somers" <brian@Awfulhak.org>, "Bill Hamilton" <billh@finsco.com>, "freebsd questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: PPP problem

> Well I don't know what you're asking but I can say that it produces the
> following:
> Routing Tables
>
> Internet:
> Destination	Gateway		Flags	Refs	Use	Netif Expire
> 127.0.0.1	127.0.0.1		UH	0	1	lo0
> 192.168	link#1		UC	0	0
> 192.168.0.2	0:c0:f0:14:77:f6	UHLW	1	98	lo0
>
> I know I set my NIC to use 192.168.0.2 as its IP address.

You were originally responding to a message that claimed that a
default route couldn't be added.  With the latest version of ppp
(perhaps you have an older version), this message should not show up
unless you already have a default route (which you don't above).

If you're still experiencing the problem, get the latest version of
ppp from http://www.Awfulhak.org/ppp.html and you problem should go
away (or at least change :-)