Date:      Sat, 25 Jul 2020 13:03:22 +0700
From:      Victor Sudakov <vas@sibptus.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Technological advantages over Linux

--iFRdW5/EC4oqxDHL

Valeri Galtsev wrote:
>=20
> On 7/24/20 4:24 AM, Peter Boosten via freebsd-questions wrote:
> > I love FreeBSD a lot, but the pkg system could be more intelligent, for=
 instance I have a gitlab server: in linux, the binaries are updated and al=
l necessary scripts are run to update the database as well.
> >=20
> > pkg stops after the binary upgrade and presents a webpage with all sort=
 of manual stuff. This notice is lost if you upgrade a lot of packages
> >=20
>=20
> I do love when things are done on their own without me doing them, like
> things you complain FreeBSD pkg doesn't. But one has to come to realize t=
hat
> for that getting done without you all the way there is [only one I know]
> solution: just hire good sysadmin ;-)

I know another solution, and it's free: migrate to Debian :-) I share
this solution with you for free, now you know two.

Seriously though, the Debian team is even overdoing things in their
effort to make everything super-convenient and effortless. Just look at
their PostgreSQL server management framework (they took the trouble to
write all that stuff, and even integrate Patroni into it!).

--=20
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
2:5005/49@fidonet http://vas.tomsk.ru/

--iFRdW5/EC4oqxDHL