Date:      Sat, 27 Nov 1999 12:36:47 -0800 (PST)
From:      Neal Westfall <nwestfal@lorien.odc.net>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   1371 driver in current

I am using the new 1371 driver in current with the Creative
AudioPCI card.  It doesn't seem to play wav files correctly.
If I use play or splay, it usually works the first time after
booting up, but then any sound I try to play after that either
produces no output at all or only a portion of the file
(usually with the beginning of the wav file cut off).  I see
no error messages from the kernel.  Probe message looks
normal:

pcm0: <AudioPCI ES1371> irq 10 at device 11.0 on pci0

Anyone else see this problem?

Neal

--
Neal Westfall  |  mailto:nwestfal@odc.net  |  http://www.odc.net/~nwestfal

"What is today a matter of academic speculation begins tomorrow to move
 armies and pull down empires. In that second stage, it has gone too far
 to be combatted; the time to stop it was when it was still a matter of
 impassionate debate."  -- J. Gresham Machen, "Christianity and Culture"