Date:      Mon, 18 Aug 1997 11:47:11 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Jerry Dunham <jdunham@fc.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: help

On Sun, Aug 17, 1997 at 07:09:35PM -0500, Jerry Dunham wrote:
> Nearly coherently, Greg Lehey wrote (and I quote):
>> Date: Sun, 17 Aug 1997 14:47:52 +0930
>> From: Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
>> To: guelph@tpts5.seed.net.tw
>> Cc: freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
>> Subject: Re: help

>> You also need a file called .fvwmrc.  There should be a sample file
>> somewhere.  I've found, however, that the old version of fvwm is
>> rather sensitive to the contents, and it may dump core if you put
>> things in it doesn't like.  You might prefer to use fvwm2 instead.
>> Note that this version's config file is .fvwm2rc.
>
> Do you recommend switching?  I'm apparently still running the sensitive
> one (though it hasn't bitten me in ages).

I suppose if you're happy with what you have, don't change.  In
particular, the format of .fvwm2rc is very different from .fvwmrc, and
it will require Serious Editing, especially if you're not using Emacs.
I've made the change, and I like it.  In particular, you can get the
window manager to give windows different properties (I assign
different colours to the window frames from different systems, for
example, and put the icons at different places on the screen).

Greg