Date:      Sun, 19 Jan 2003 15:42:08 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Stephen D. Kingrea" <reytech@sover.net>
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: code 1 error on kernel compile (solved)

sorry, right you are...the release is 4.7. i felt that cvsup was
unnecessary, since all that i had done was install from cd.

anyway, i learned that commenting anything from kernel config is
apparently a precipitous affair. uncommenting everything back provided the
juice to finish the make.

i have yet to figure what has gone wrong on the original box, but i do
suspect it to be a hardware issue. i will report....

thanks everyone for all the assistance!

stephen d. kingrea