Date:      Tue, 6 Nov 2018 10:47:26 +0100
From:      Guido Falsi <mad@madpilot.net>
To:        Steevan Rodrigues <steevanxperia@gmail.com>, vhaisman@gmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 11.x thread creation time is 9000+ microseconds on Intel Xeon Gold series CPU

On 06/11/18 10:01, Steevan Rodrigues wrote:
> Ok. Sorry about that.  Again I have attached that test program as a tar
> file. I am not sure whether even this gets stripped by mailing list
> software.
>
> Anyway here is the program given below.

I'm not a kernel guy or an expert in such things, but I see that
flamegraphs are often used to analyze such issues. It gives an idea
where the kernel is actually spending it's time.

There's also a port to help with this:

https://www.freshports.org/benchmarks/flamegraph/

I think if you could gather such information and make it available you'd
make it easier for experts to explain what is happening and maybe also
do something about this.

--
Guido Falsi <mad@madpilot.net>