Date:      Sun, 16 Sep 2001 01:57:31 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Doug Denault <doug@safeport.com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        todorov@space.com, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Make buildworld compile errors

On Sat, 15 Sep 2001, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 15, 2001 at 07:07:44AM -0700, todorov@space.com wrote:
> Hello, I've recenly installed FreeBSD 4.1 and cvsup-ed to 4.4 (which is
> now stable as far as i know) and when i run make buildworld the
> following errors occured (the following text is from taken after doing
> make -j4 buildworld, when the errors occur) :
>
> FAQ: source upgrades from 4.1-R do not work.

This must mean specifically 4.1 --> 4.4. I have done this many times
updating to 4.[23]

I had a strange problem tonight which I think comes from using "-j 4" on
buildworld as was just recommended to me. But that was updating a 4.4
system to see if pccardd works any better for me. I am retrying this
without the parallel compiling now,