Date:      Mon, 17 Jan 2000 22:12:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>
To:        Craig Harding <crh@outpost.co.nz>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 42 (was Re: Microsoft go it right ;-))

On Tue, 18 Jan 2000, Craig Harding wrote:

> sanitisers. Ford and Arthur realised that the Question locked in
> Arthur's brain could be recovered through the unconscious direction of a
> random act (pulling scrabble letters from a bag) and came up with "what
> do you get if you multiply six by nine".

I've always thought it odd the number of people who unconsciously
transmute the Incorrect Ultimate Question to "what do you get if you
multiply six by seven?" so it becomes A Possible Correct Ultimate Question
(e.g. dg :-)

There's probably some deeply profound reason behind it..

Kris

----
"How many roads must a man walk down, before you call him a man?"
"Eight!"
"That was a rhetorical question!"
"Oh..then, seven!" -- Homer Simpson