Date:      Sat, 07 Sep 1996 17:33:07 -0700
From:      Dat Mai Ha <hamait@ea.oac.uci.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Hi

To whom it may concern,

I buy & install the new version FreeBSD 2.1.5.  Everything is okay but
the 'dip' program.  I installed the dip package from CDROM, and I fixed
the sample1.dip file to fit my case.  (I already know how 'dip' works
since I've set up and using Linux for more than a year)
But in FreeBSD, after I dialed to my remote gateway by using 'dip', I
obtained the dynamic IP for my local pc.  The problem is after I got
the IP for my local pc, I can't use 'telnet' or 'rlogin' or 'ftp' to
connect to my account!  When I use netstat -rn to check, it show
s the local IP and the gateway IP, the ethernet IP and the loopback IP
(127.0.0.1).  When I use ps -gax to list all the processes, I don't see
the IP but the "dip filename".  On the other hand, for Linux, after I
connected to remote site, when I type ps -gax it shows the
"dip filename ==> 128.200.xxx.xxx"! I don't have any problem w/ Linux dip
but I don't know wy I can't use bsddip to connect to my remote site?

Do I need to fix any file in /etc or some other files? If anybody can
know how to use and setup dip please email for me. Thank you so much.