Date:      Tue, 16 Dec 2008 07:03:08 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Dr. Jennifer Nussbaum" <bg271828@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Copying system/ports configuration?

I have a FreeBSD 7.0 system that im using in production. I want to create a FreeBSD virtual machine, to use as a testbed for this production box.

The last time i did this it took a lot of time to get the VM set up--installing all the right ports, getting the database configuration right, etc.

Are there any shortcuts for this, e.g. a way i can automatically install the same ports on the new "machine"? I didnt see anything in the handbook or FAQ about this, but id think that people need to do this all the time. Any other advice for mirroring the system?

Thanks!

Jen