Date:      Sun, 29 Aug 1999 21:04:45 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Dan Lange (CS stud.)" <lange92@cns.uni.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   2 NE2000 ethernet cards in FreeBSD?

Hello All,
  I am trying without success to make FreeBSD find my second ethernet
card. I am using 2 inexpensive ethernet cards (Realtek 8019) that work
with the NE2000 driver. Using the visual configuration manager at
installation time, I was able to configure device ed0 as my first ethernet
card. However, it would not allow me to configure an ed1 device.  I am
attempting to configure this system as a firewall.
  I am using the 3.1-RELEASE version, using whatever generic kernel it
installed by default. I'm not familiar with compiling my kernel in
freebsd, though I'm familiar with the procedure in linux. My first
ethernet card is configured on ed0 with these parameters: irq 10, 0x280.
My other card is on irq 11, 0x260. This conbination has worked well for me
in linux, so I know a conflict doesn't arise. I just don't know how to
tell the kernel to find my second card and assign it a device name so I
can complete the firewall configuration. Any suggestion/comments welcome.
Please email me at one of these addresses:

LANGED0115@uni.edu
lange92@cns.uni.edu

Thanks in advance,
Dan