Date:      Sun, 23 Mar 1997 14:45:23 -0800
From:      Scott Blachowicz <scott@sabami.seaslug.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   recent upgrade to XFree86 3.2

Hi-

On my 2.1.5-RELEASE system at home, I just installed the XFree86 3.2
distribution and I fired up the X server (XF86_Mach64 for a 2 year old
Mach64 card) and got some weird results.  The colormap seems to get
screwed up.  Normally, I have an initial xterm window come up and it has a
"wheat" background, but running against the 3.2 XF86_Mach64, I get a pink
background (if I remember correctly).  Also, I normally use ctwm (3.4pl2)
which has a splash screen that cycles itself brighter & dimmer and it
isn't just brighter & dimmer against the new server.  Do these symptoms
sound familiar to anyone?  Or have ideas as to better means to
describe/document the symptoms?  Or better places to direct this message?

Thanx,
Scott Blachowicz                Scott.Blachowicz@seaslug.org
                                scott@statsci.com