Date:      Mon, 15 Oct 2001 23:27:13 +0200
From:      "H. Eckert" <ripley@nostromo.in-berlin.de>
To:        Steve Coles <scoles@tripos.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Configuring isdnd, isppp/isp0 and "surftime"

Quoting Steve Coles (scoles@tripos.com):
> Thanks for the script, I shall use this if you don't mind.

If I would, why should I mail it around ?
Pay attention to the sudo invokation, though.  On my
machine I updated sudo once and now it complains when
I run it from an already privileged shell "You are already
root, you don't need to use sudo." which I think is really
stupid for scripts.

> I added 192.168.254.0 to "networks" and both netstat -rn and isdnd
> stopped blocking when isp0 was down. (Incidentally, I had to add
> "192.168.254.0", not "192.168.254" to networks ?)

Well, an IP address consists of 4 octets.  The lowest address
in a subnet (as described through the netmask) is the network
address.
We had our share of fun in the office when our new DSL provider
assigned us an IP address for our router x.x.x.32 with a subnet
mask for 16 adresses.  No way would the (Linux) router accept a
default route to the network address which it considered local
on its ethernet anyway...
Had it been FreeBSD we could have assigned the route to the
other NIC (router add -interface XXX)...

Greetings,
				Ripley
--
H. Eckert, 12051 Berlin
ISO 8859-1: Ä=Ae, Ö=Oe, Ü=Ue, ä=ae, ö=oe, ü=ue, ß=sz.