Date:      Fri, 21 May 1999 23:54:48 -0400
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <vanderh@ecf.utoronto.ca>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        unknown@riverstyx.net, bright@rush.net, hodeleri@seattleu.edu, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Music to code by

On Fri, May 21, 1999 at 09:47:06PM +0000, Terry Lambert wrote:

> Sorry, but I just don't get this whole thread; how can anyone code
> at their best while listening to music?  The idea that my phone
> might ring or that someone might show up and demand my attention

I agree to some extent, but it's also true that music, because it's
predictable and known (well, unless you listen to the radio) can
filter out other distractions.  There have been a few times where I
was ready to take a fist to my hdd (or, at least the PC casing around
it) simply for going "click" at unexpected times.  Probably wouldn't
have heard those clicks with music playing.

--
This .sig is not innovative, witty, or profund.