Date:      Fri, 01 May 1998 10:06:43 -0600
From:      ML Duke <mlduke@concentric.net>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Boot Manager & w95

With reference to "install windows95 first" in the handbook, the
following may be helpful to those simultaneously running FreeBSD and
win95 when 95 gets "blitzed" and has to be reinstalled.

"setup \ir" from the cdrom drive will reinstall win95 without trashing
the boot manager.  [At a minimum with the version I'm running plus a
handfull of others]

This was undocumented when revealed by a netscape rep who got it who
knows where (but I think a friendly ms rep) back when the installation
of ms explorer trashed 95 & had to be reinstalled on my machine. It
worked, and has worked for more than a few on freebsd-questions.

ML Duke