Date:      Mon, 3 Sep 2001 12:24:33 -0400
From:      "Aaron Wright" <wright.546@osu.edu>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>, "Robert Christ" <christ.16@osu.edu>
Subject:   OpenSSH problems

I know this isn't an SSH newsgroup, but nobody at comp.security.ssh is
answering my question for some reason.  So here it is:

I'm trying to set up remote port forwarding via OpenSSH 2.3 (ssh -l user -R
5000:10.0.0.x:5000).  It works fine using ssh v1 because *.5000 shows up in
netstat, but when I only allow v2, it doesn't work because *.5000 doesn't
show up at all.  I've specified "AllowTcpForwarding yes" in
/etc/ssh/sshd_config, but I get the same thing.  So I decided to upgrade to
OpenSSH 2.9, and that's where I get a FreeBSD specific question...

I'm running FreeBSD 4.3, and I'm trying to install OpenSSH 2.9.  When I run
'make obj' in the source directory, I get the error below.  I know there is
a switch to  disable Kerberos, because I had to use it when I installed
OpenSSH 2.5.2p2 on another system in the past, but I've forgotten it.  It's
something similar to
'--kerberos-no' or 'kerberos-disable' or something like that.  Can anyone
tell me what the switch is please?  I tried setting MAKE_KERBEROS4= no and
MAKE_KERBEROS5= no in /etc/defaults/make.conf, and it gave me the same
error.  Does anyone know where a list of those switches can be found?  Any
help would be fantastic.

If it's easier I can be reached though email at wright.546@osu.edu
Thanks!
Aaron Wright

PITA 12:12pm /usr/home/wright/ssh #make obj
===> lib
"Makefile", line 21: Malformed conditional ((${KERBEROS:L} == "yes"))
"Makefile", line 21: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 23: Malformed conditional ((${AFS:L} == "yes"))
"Makefile", line 23: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 26: if-less endif
"Makefile", line 26: Need an operator
"Makefile", line 27: if-less endif
"Makefile", line 27: Need an operator
make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/home/wright/ssh.