Date:      Fri, 26 Mar 2010 13:54:32 +0100
From:      Gianni <gdoe6545@yahoo.it>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ZFS root BTX Loader very slow

I've installed root on ZFS according to the Wiki.
http://wiki.freebsd.org/RootOnZFS/GPTZFSBoot/Mirror

I rebuilt world yesterday and upgraded my zfs pool to version 14 and =
also upgraded the bootcode with:
gpart bootcode -b /boot/pmbr -p /boot/gptzfsboot -i 1 ad4
gpart bootcode -b /boot/pmbr -p /boot/gptzfsboot -i 1 ad8

Now on boot the system waits for about 70 seconds at the following =
screen:

BTX Loader 1.00 BTX version is 1.02
Consoles: internal video/keyboard
BIOS drive A: is disk0
BIOS drive C: is disk1
BIOS drive D: is disk2
BIOS drive E: is disk3
BIOS drive F: is disk4
BIOS drive G: is disk5
_

No errors appear and eventually the system boots normally from the zfs =
root.
Any ideas why it's taking so long at this stage? what is actually going =
on at this point?

Thanks
Gianni=