Date:      Wed, 14 May 1997 18:07:39 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        richard@cogsci.ed.ac.uk (Richard Tobin)
Cc:        bad@uhf.wireless.net, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Teletext and intercast

> I'm using Win/TV (that's the Euro version - teletext instead of intercast).

I can't swear, but in the Hauppauge Win/TV, the teletext decoder is a
piece of hardware (two chips from Philips), and the associated
documentation says that intercast decoding is done in software.

So, at most you are missing some piece of software, but you have the
same, or more, hardware. For the records, you can do teletext decoding
in software as well (there is even some code for this on my home page) and
when/if the intercast data format specs are available we can surely
modify my code for this as well.

At this point I really need a copy of some of the Bt848 pages related
to sync management (because the driver tends to loose sync when the
signal is weak, and the free-run frequency seems really 60Hz...) and to
Vertical Blanking Interval (VBI) acquisition (the video rows carrying
teletext and intercast info).

Brooktree ignored my numerous requests by fax and email... can some
good soul scan the relevant pages and let me have them ?

	Cheers
	Luigi