Date:      Tue, 16 Apr 2002 14:50:13 -0400
From:      "Adam Crosby" <acrosby@nps.k12.va.us>
To:        <freebsd-sparc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   devfs and disklabeling

Ok, I'm attempting to install off the ISO, onto a Sun Ultra 5.
Here's where i'm at:
After running disklabel to get this
#disklabel -r ad0
<snip>
a: 8178975 0 4.2BSD 1024 16384 75
b: 225855 8178975 swap
c: 8404830 0 unused 0 0=20

They all start on cylinder boundaries, so I'm ok there.  I've run =
'disklabel -B ad0' as well, to enable me to boot of the hdd (hopefully).
Now, how do I use the 'newfs'?  I had thought it would be something like =
'newfs /dev/ad0a' ....but the only partition showing in /dev is the =
/dev/ad0c (and of course /dev/ad0).  At this point, my first thought was =
'sh MAKEDEV' - but alas, it's not there! :)  So, did I do something wrong? =
 Or is my system just messed up?