Date:      Wed, 1 Mar 2000 12:54:50 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Didier Derny <didier@omnix.net>
To:        Mik.Thwaite@mis.magna-europa.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Logging in as root via telnet

if the security is not a problem for you can add the word 'secure'
int /etc/ttys at the end of the lines

ttyp0 none  network

becomes

ttyp0 none network  secure
.
.
ttypX ....

but BEWARE that after this modification if you are not correctly protected
it will be possible to login as root from any machine on the network
including from internet.