Date:      Thu, 23 Dec 1999 11:28:56 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <charon@hades.hell.gr>
To:        Haikal Saadh <wyldephyre2@yahoo.com>
Cc:        newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CVSupping over a modem connection...

On Thu, Dec 23, 1999 at 01:02:37AM +0530, Haikal Saadh wrote:

| has anyone tried it?
| How long did it take?

When I tried CVSup for the first time, with a /usr/src tree from 3.0 in
an effort to upgrade it to 3.3-STABLE, it took close to 4 hours on my
28.8 modem.

Now that I'm doing almost weekly updates of the tree, it takes almost
half an hour, and that's because my disk is too slow reading and
diff'ing the entire /usr/ports tree.

Ciao.

--
Giorgos Keramidas, <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
"What we have to learn to do, we learn by doing." [Aristotle]