Date:      Thu, 12 Dec 2002 08:04:44 +0100
From:      Udo Erdelhoff <ue@nathan.ruhr.de>
To:        freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Small update for the list of supported systems

Hi,
On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 10:00:11PM -0500, Jake Burkholder wrote:
> If I understand correctly everything in there is annotated to indicate
> what arch its supported on, so I think this would work fine.  Some sparc64
> only stuff would need to be added (hme, gem, sab), but that's all that I
> noticed in a quick perusal.  Do either of you want to do this?

can do.  I play around with Solaris for a living, so I should know
what the things are.  Listing hme under SCSI Controllers would be
a bad idea :)

> Quick question: is it possible to include a file from the doc tree in
> the sparc.sgml platform webpage?  I'd like to have a brief list of
> systems that are supported there, with a more detailed list in
> proc-sparc64.sgml, but would like to avoid listing them twice.

The up-to-date release notes are always available on the webpage,
including the output of proc-sparc.sgml.  You can even point to
the translated version if you want to :)  Put in a link to
http://www.freebsd.org/relnotes/CURRENT/hardware/sparc64/article.html
to point to the hardware release notes.  We can (and should) put IDs
into this thing (watch this space for a patch sometime later today)
and then it would be possible to link o
http://www.freebsd.org/relnotes/CURRENT/hardware/sparc64/article.html#system-list
and the user would be teleported to chapter 2.2 (the list of supported
systems).

/s/Udo
--
Schnell und schluepfrig wie geoeltes Ferkel auf Crack