Date:      Tue, 25 Sep 2001 06:02:20 +0200
From:      Marek Florianczyk <franki@mentat.oko.com.pl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   raid5 dump

Hi,

I've got 3 IDE disks in raid5 configuration.
This is controled by vinum.
device is /dev/vinum/raid5
How to make filesystem backup on scsi tape DLT1 device, /dev/sa0
I can "dump" only root filesystem from single disk, but not pseudo device /dev/vinum/raid5
when I type: "dump -auf /dev/nsa0 /export " dump writes something like:
bad sblock magic number
ENTIRE dump is aborted

Dump can't backup filesystem that is on logical drive?
wahat should I do or install to be able to dump filesystem on software
raid5 device?

Thanks for help
Marek