Date:      Mon, 27 Sep 1999 18:22:35 +0200
From:      "Lowkrantz, Goran" <Goran.Lowkrantz@infologigruppen.se>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Problem adding aic driver to kernel

Does this mean that the old-style drivers can't be installed when we have
CAM on the system?
Is it possible to install the old SCSI system to get these drivers working?

What does the following text in the release notes mean in the current
context?

http://www.se.freebsd.org/releases/3.3R/notes.html

----------------------------
[snipp]

The following drivers were supported under the old SCSI subsystem, but are
NOT YET supported under the new CAM SCSI subsystem:

[snipp]

  Adaptec 1510 series ISA SCSI controllers (not for bootable devices)
  Adaptec 152x series ISA SCSI controllers
  Adaptec AIC-6260 and AIC-6360 based boards, which includes the AHA-152x
  and SoundBlaster SCSI cards.

  [ Note:  There is work-in-progress to port the AIC-6260/6360 and
    UltraStor drivers to the new CAM SCSI framework, but no estimates on
    when or if they will be completed. ]
[snipp]

I would interpret this as I can get them working somehow in 3.3R.

Cheers,
	GLZ