Date:      Mon, 30 Sep 2013 21:15:21 +0000
From:      "Teske, Devin" <Devin.Teske@fisglobal.com>
To:        David Demelier <demelier.david@gmail.com>
Cc:        Devin Teske <dteske@freebsd.org>, freebsd-stable stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>, "Teske, Devin" <Devin.Teske@fisglobal.com>
Subject:   Re: 9.2-PRE: switch off that stupid "Nakatomi Socrates"

On Sep 30, 2013, at 1:13 PM, David Demelier wrote:

> My apologies for being rude the few days ago.
>=20
> I don't know what happened to me, I'm usually not naughty like that.
> Bapt who knows me IRL would also say that. My personal life is not at
> its best state currently and everything that upset me get me nervous
> and rude..
>=20
> I've been using FreeBSD for 5 years and developed some patches /
> improvements which honoured an entry to the additional contributors
> and I don't really want my name to be removed :-).
>=20
> Seriously, I feel really embarrassed for what I've said.To really
> explain why I got angry like that (but that does not excuse my words)
> is the following situation:
>=20
> 1. I've first stambled accross the new boot graphical Nakatomi
> Socrates art. I've been afraid of being hacked or something gone wrong
> in the SVN branches. Fortunately, quickly, some of the developers told
> me that it was a joke / tribute for the 9.2 RELEASE, then I just said
> "I would not recommend to set it as default" but with very clean
> words. And then I disabled it using loader_logo=3D"orb" as they said.
>=20
> 2. More than one month later, I upgraded to 9.2-RELEASE and then I saw
> the "Nakatomi Socrates" version shown in the right bottom and that's
> why I first thought that it was reenabled again (even in orb logo, I
> didn't know the existence of loader_version before!). So that's why I
> felt so angry.. Nevertheless this does not excuse my behavior.
>=20
> I love FreeBSD and still hack, develop it and don't want to get in
> troubles with *you* so please agree to my apologies.
>=20

Smiles.

Agreed and forgiven.

In hindsight, it would be those who've added loader_logo=3Dorb
in the beginning that didn't notice that this is once-again default.
You can remove it (keeping only the loader_version=3D"" entry).
--=20
Devin

> PS: I'm not a dinosaur as you may have thought, I like the "small
> jokes" that you can see for example in the syscons screen savers, the
> jokes in the man pages and such. But these things are more "hidden"
> and you need some research to get them which provides more excitement
> when you see them, on the other hand the "Nakatomi Socrates" art /
> version were *for me* a bit too intense as you see them by default,
> without enabling something.
>=20
> Again, sorry for that noise.
>=20
> Love, regards.
>=20
> David.

The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidentia=
l. If you are not the intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message an=
d all copies; (ii) do not disclose, distribute or use the message in any ma=
nner; and (iii) notify the sender immediately. In addition, please be aware=
 that any message addressed to our domain is subject to archiving and revie=
w by persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.