Date:      Tue, 20 May 2003 22:07:10 -0400
From:      Konokrad <konokrad@list.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Need help with the sound card!!

On Tue, 20 May 2003 16:09:22 -0500
David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net> wrote:

> Don't mess with building a kernel until you have found the right
> driver. The simplest way I know is (as root) "kldload
> /modules/snd.ko". Then watch the output on a console, via dmesg(8),
> and/or the contents of/var/log/messages to see which (if any) of the
> kld modules liked your sound card.

OK, I have loaded snd.ko. However I see no output in dmesg or
/var/log/messages. Does that mean that my sound card is not supported at
all? Is there a way to test if it's connected properly? Also when I
tried unloading the modules the machine rebooted. It wouldn't be a big
problem but it is also the firewall machine and it's not a good idea to
reboot it too often. How do I unload the modules properly?

Thanks,

Igor P.