Date:      Fri, 25 Apr 1997 18:01:36 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Scott J. Ellentuch" <tuc@tucslap.stormking.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Question on Install disk

Hi,

	I like to consider myself pretty competent when it comes to
Unix and its installation.  I've installed on platforms ranging from
Pyramid, through AIX and HP to Linux, NetBSD and BSDI.  However, I've run into
something with boot.flp from 2.2.1-RELEASE that I just can't get past.

	I dl'd the fdimage program and boot.flp.  My problem is that boot.flp
was 1,474,567 and my floppy is 1,457,155 .  I tried fdimage, rawrite, and
dd with no luck (Initial screen comes up, but it can't find /kernel).  I
looked at the other images, and they are all the same size.

	What am I missing? (I used Netscape to D/L it  (SHIFT/CLICK) so it
should be binary........)

			Tuc/TTSG
--
Scott J. Ellentuch, The Telecom Security Group/TTSG, Newburgh, NY
Visit our Web Site at http://www.ttsg.com/

"Over the UUCP link, out the ethernet, through the media converter, down
the fiber, off a router, down the 56K, past my ISP...nothing but Net" -
with poetic license from Dave Owen of IBM